Shainaaa (:


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

FINAL BLOG POST !

Chezzzz (:


Jessiii (:


Riverside High School = LOVE

This has been the best year ever! I've learned a lot from my English12 class at Riverside High School and I am very glad I was in this class. Globaloria was probably one of the hardest classes I've been in my whole life, but I managed to get through it. I'm so very proud of myself, the teacher, and other classmates. Ms. McChesney is one of the smartest people I know and I'm thankful she was picked to teach this class. It was a great learning experience and I'll never forget it!
The hardest thing, in my opinion, was creating our games. It was very challenging, especially not knowing anything about what you were doing. It was nothing like I expected. Usually when you go to an English class you sit down, read, and write on paper all period. Then you have this big report due at the end of the class and the whole time you're dreading it. I know that's what everyone was expecting from this class. But we were totally wrong. Our class was all about the computer, creativity, technology, and it involved a lot of thinking. I guarantee our Globaloria class was harder than the average English12 class, but it was so much more fun!
We worked on the computer the whole time- never wrote on paper. It was so much fun. But we did the same work as any other English class, which includes reading and doing such things as reaction papers. Only ours wasn't on paper, it was on the computer in blogs, like this. This was an experience I definitely will never forget.
Then we had the other part of class, which involved drawing in a program called Flash. That was easier for me to catch on to because I took a class last year where we had to use Flash. But I wasn't familiar at all with the coding and different frames and such. That's mainly what made this class so stressful. It was the most difficult thing I've ever done, learning all the different codes and having to be as creative as possible. But I had the best partner ever, my best friend, Jessi Smith. She helped out a lot.
Jessi Dakota Smith is one of the best people I've ever met in my life. There were a few days when I had to get onto her about sleeping in class and starting to slack. And she did the same for me when I had my days. We both pushed eachother until we about broke. This class would not have been the same AT ALL if she hadn't been in it with me, that's for sure. I love her with my whole heart (: She, being in this class, made my whole senior year all the better, because as everyone knows, senior project is a huge part of senior year and it's very important to enjoy it. I definitely would not have enjoyed it if she wasn't with me!
I love this class, and I love you, Chez. I will miss you greatly and I promise to come back and visit. Riverside High School was not only my place of learning and education, but it was like my second home. I spent half my time here and I will miss it more than I ever expected. I received so much appreciation from the staff, and even a lot of students here. The class of 2010 is most definitely THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN!

1 comment:

  1. Shaina,

    Congratulations! You certainly have come a long way, and I am so very proud of you. I'm glad that you enjoyed the class as much as you did. Also, thank you very much for all of the kind words. I hope that you continue to blog!

    ReplyDelete