Shainaaa (:


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wild and Wonderful X3

West Virginia is my home; where I live now and where I will stay for the rest of my life. It is such a beautiful place and I absolutely love the country feeling I get here. I am a country girl and being in the mountains all the time definitely beats being anywhere else in the world. West Virginia has gone through some pretty harsh times but we always manage to pull through. The residents in this state are so strong when it comes to hard times. I think the majority of us are proud to be a hillbilly. Others hate it here and just can't wait to get out. I know a few people who are like that and I really don't see why they would want to leave. West Virginia is great if you ask me. There are a lot of others who don't think that so much. Out of state residents always make fun of West Virginia, but it's whatever. I don't really care to be honest. I know how we are here and I love it. I would never deny my home state. It's wild and wonderful (:




What people are going through now with the mines and stuff is just unbelievable. I feel so sorry for the families who have lost loved ones in the mining accident in Raleigh County. It has been rough here at school the past few days because one of the graduates from the class of 2008 was in the mining accident and it breaks my heart to know that he is no longer with us. I just can't imagine what people are feeling now that he is gone. He also had an uncle and a cousin that were in the mines while the explosion happened and they are no longer with us either. I fortunately cannot say that I have had a close relative or friend that has died because I honestly haven't. I am so thankful for that but I also feel bad because I can't say "I know how you feel". I don't know what these people are feeling and when I think about, it's unimaginable what they are going through. My thoughts are with the Davis family forever.

3 comments:

  1. I just love the fact that your proud to be a "hillbilly." Also the support and love that you showed behind the family's from the tragic accident show me your very caring and thoughtful. :] <- A great blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heckkk yesss we're country girls (:
    This is a very nice blog Shaina, especially the parts about the mining incident.

    ReplyDelete